The Adam Kreiger Fund provides special programs and opportunities that enable
young people to realize Adam's zest for life and determination to overcome
Climbing Wall at Ezra Academy, Woodbridge, CT (2008) Wall:
- The Adam Kreiger Challenge Course at Hopkins School, New Haven, CT (1994-present)
- Responsible for the original erection of the course, and contributor
to on-going maintenance.
- Proud Supporter of the Sibling Program at the Special Olympics
- Proud Sponsor of Corey Mosier at the Swim Across the Sound, Bridgeport,
- Donation of Beach Wheel Chairs for use at the beaches in Beach Haven,
- These beach wheel chairs enable people who may not otherwise be
ale to sit on the sand, or go near the water to do so. The oversized
wheels and the mesh seats are specifically designed for ease of use
and safety on sand.
- Reconstruction of the Ezra Academy Playground, Woodbridge, CT (2007)
The Adam Kreiger Fund, in honor of Shelley Kreiger's 13 years of leadership,
donated a forty foot long Masada-inspired climbing wall which was installed
in Ezra's gym. "We hope that Ezra students will see this wall symbolically
as well as physically as they challenge themselves to good health, fitness
| Proud Sponsor of Christine's Helmet.
In the fall of 2010, the fund made a donation to a project called "Christine's
Helmet". This project is staffed and funded though V-LINC (www.v-linc.org)
and Johns Hopkins University School of Engineering. Christine is a young
woman who suffers from a rare condition called Chronic Regional Pain
Syndrome. This condition, brought on by an industrial accident to her face, causes
her incredible amounts of pain due to slight variances in temperature,
air pressure, or any kind of touch. Christine has been completely housebound
for over a year. The project goal is to provide her with a self contained
life support system that will allow her the freedom to travel outside
her home for short periods of time. This project has the potential to
benefit others with this condition, as there is currently very little
research on the subject.